Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some of our most frequently asked questions. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.


Can event packages be adjusted to meet the needs of my event?

Yes. We realize each event is unique. Share with us your specific needs, and we’ll tailor a package or service just for you!


Where can I obtain a marriage license?

A marriage license can be obtained at any Register of Deeds office in North Carolina. It does not have to be from the county the ceremony will be performed in. Each applicant must bring a photo ID and a social security card (or some certificate with your number listed, such as a W2 form or a pay stub) and a photo ID. For those younger than 21, a birth certificate is required. If you are divorced, please contact the Register of Deeds for additional documentation that you might need. The cost of the license is $60 and can be purchased up to 60 days in advance of the ceremony. There is no waiting period and no blood test in NC. There must be two witnesses to any marriage ceremony, in addition to the officiant. You must bring your marriage license to the ceremony at which time the two witnesses and the officiant will sign them. It is the officiant’s responsibility to return the marriage license to the Register of Deeds office that they were purchased in. This license is the official record of the ceremony.


Register of Deeds Offices
Dare County Register of Deeds Office
Dare County Justice Center, 962 Marshall C. Collins Drive, Manteo
(252) 475-9228


Currituck County Register of Deeds Office
2801 Caratoke Hwy., Currituck — 13 miles across the North Carolina State Line
(252) 232-3297


Hyde County Register of Deeds Office
30 Oyster Creek Rd., Swan Quarter (for Ocracoke weddings)
(252) 926-4182


Do you provide event planning/direction services for same sex couples?

Yes. Same sex marriages are now legal in NC. Let’s celebrate! Nordstrom Events is happy to coordinate your same sex ceremony, whether traditional or non-traditional.